The focus of the Youth Ministries Department is the salvation of youth through Jesus Christ. The Department helps the youth to develop to their full potential physically, mentally, spiritually and socially.
The department’s functions include:
- Leading youth to understand their individual worth and to discover and develop their spiritual gifts and abilities.
- Equipping and empowering youth for a life of service within God’s church and the community.
- Ensuring the integration of youth into all aspects of church life and leadership in order that they might be full participants in the mission of the church.
- Instructing church youth leadership in the various methods of teaching theory, and give them program techniques of ministry to enhance local church programming.
- Conducting/directing youth activities such as camps, camporees, congresses, investitures, parades, Bible knowledge contest and other youth-related activities.
- Making the relevant tools for Youth Ministry available to local churches.
- Counselling Conference Administrators on all youth matters as necessary.